1st December 2017, London – Last night premium British lifestyle brand Joules secured two prestigious wins at the 2017 Drapers Awards: Mainstream Brand of the Year and Fashion Retail Business of the Year (between £101m and £500m turnover).
The brand saw off strong competition from the likes of Missguided, Jigsaw, and Ellesse, to win both awards, which recognise Joules’ strong business model, the strength of its product offer, multichannel approach, fantastic customer service, and excellent sourcing and logistics strategies.
This is the second year running that Joules has won Mainstream Brand of the Year and at the ceremony the judges highlighted the brand’s sense of authenticity and its ability to stay close to its customers. The judges noted Joules’ consistent growth as a key factor in its win of the Fashion Retail Business of the Year accolade.
Colin Porter, CEO of Joules, commented, “We’re absolutely delighted and incredibly proud to accept these awards. It goes without saying that these amazing wins are thanks to the dedication, hard work and passion of everyone at Joules.”
The Drapers Awards celebrate the very best in fashion retailing and recognise the top performing and most innovative businesses. The awards ceremony took place on Thursday 30th November at the iconic Roundhouse in London.
For further information
Lucy Wollam, Emily Jones or Nelly Akpaka at Hudson Sandler
020 7796 4133
Joules - ‘a premium lifestyle brand with an authentic British heritage’
Established in Britain by Tom Joule nearly three decades ago, Joules is a premium lifestyle brand with an authentic heritage.
A true multi-channel lifestyle brand, Joules carefully designs clothing, footwear and accessories for women, men and children, as well as an expanding range of homewares, toiletries and eyewear collections, with personality to match those of its customers’ colourful and uplifting outlooks, available through its own retail stores, online, rural shows & events and wholesale channels.
Quality, Britishness, family values, colour and humour make Joules stand out from the crowd. This approach, along with an unwavering attention to detail, and drive to surprise and delight its customers with unexpected product details, has been central to the brand’s success and expansion and remains at the heart of everything Joules creates.
Joules Fast Facts
- Joules is an international brand, available in the UK, USA, Germany, France and other European markets
- Joules operates 108* stores in the UK and ROI across a range of location types, has a significant online business, and a well-established wholesale business with 1500* stockists worldwide including John Lewis, Next Label and Nordstrom
- Joules’ talented in-house print design team lovingly hand-draw all of the prints you see within its collections each season
- Joules is proud of its British heritage and still has strong roots in Market Harborough, the site of its first shop and head office – since day one
- Colin Porter became CEO in September 2015, with Tom Joule focusing on the creative side of the business in his capacity as Chief Brand Officer
- Joules won Mainstream Brand of the Year at the Drapers Awards 2016 and has previously won the Drapers Best British Fashion Retailer of the Year at the 2015 awards
*At 28 May 2017