Joules, the contemporary British lifestyle brand, has this week raised a combined total of £6,395 for charity partner The Prince’s Trust. The money was raised through an employee auction and raffle, which contributed £3,225 and £3,170 respectively.
All auction lots and raffle prizes were donated by employees of the Market-Harborough based business. They ranged from freshly made lunches cooked to order for a week, and all manner of personalized baked goods, to tickets to England vs. Australia rugby match at Twickenham, a Christmas hamper worth £500, and Red Letter Day experiences.
The money raised by Joules will go towards supporting The Prince’s Trust Enterprise Programme in Leicestershire, which gives young people the chance to turn their big ideas into reality – something that Joules Founder and Chief Brand Officer Tom Joule did 28 years ago when he took the step to create Joules.
The lifestyle brand began working with the national charity in September 2016, as the sole supporter of its Leicestershire Enterprise Programme.
Lysa Hardy, Chief Customer Officer at Joules said: “Our Enterprise Programme partnership with The Prince’s Trust is really important to us, so we’re delighted to have raised more than £6,000 for the charity through our first fundraising initiative. It’s been a real team effort with some very generous offers and donations from our employees. The money will go towards helping the Prince’s Trust and the great work it does with young people across the UK.”
020 7796 4133
Born in the British countryside and crafted with true British style and eccentricity, Joules designs upbeat, colourful clothing for all who love the outdoors and live life to the full.
- Joules is an international brand, available in the USA, Germany and France as well as travel destination stores like St Pancras and Stanstead
- Joules beginnings saw Tom Joule spot a gap in the market; having noticed his customers’ penchant for colour he bought 100 pairs of pink wellies – with nothing else like it on the market they sold out instantly and since then, Joules has sold more than 1.4 million pairs!
- Colin Porter took the reins as CEO in September 2015, with Tom focusing on creative control
- Joules’ talented in-house design team lovingly crafts all of the prints you’ll see within its collections
- The brand is a true multi-channel retailer, having traded across five channels over the past ten years
- Bursting with eccentricity, Joules is proud of its British heritage and still has strong roots in Market Harborough, the site of its first shop and headquarters
- Joules has recently won the Drapers Best Mainstream Brand Award 2016
Youth charity The Prince’s Trust helps disadvantaged young people to get their lives on track. Founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1976, this year they are celebrating 40 years of supporting 13 to 30 year-olds who are unemployed and those struggling at school and at risk of exclusion. Many of the young people helped by The Prince’s Trust are in or leaving care, facing issues such as homelessness or mental health problems, or they have been in trouble with the law. The Trust’s programmes give vulnerable young people the practical and financial support needed to stabilise their lives, helping develop self-esteem and skills for work. The Prince’s Trust has supported 825,000 young people in the last 40 years and this year they will support over 100 more each day. Further information about The Prince’s Trust is available at princes-trust.org.uk or on 0800 842 842.