We have a clear strategy for the long-term development of Joules as a premium lifestyle brand, both in the UK and internationally. This strategy is built on the following key pillars and is continuously underpinned by our distinctive brand, unique products and unwavering customer focus. This strategy is delivered by our exceptional team of people and supported by well-invested systems and infrastructure.
1. INCREASING CUSTOMER VALUE
For Joules, ‘Customer Value’ means increasing our base of active customers and their frequency of interaction with and spend with the brand. Our goal is for customers who are actively engaging with and amplifying our brand, to ultimately choose to allocate more of their clothing, footwear and accessories spend on our unique Joules products. This is achieved through delivering relevant, consistent and increasingly tailored, cross-channel experiences and communications, for both new and existing customers.
2. DRIVE TOTAL UK BRAND SALES
As a multi-channel brand, we seek to grow total UK brand sales within our target customer segments by increasing the availability and accessibility of our products across existing and emerging distribution channels. Our goal is to make it easy for our customers to discover, be inspired by, purchase, receive and, if necessary, return or exchange, our products. We achieve this by being located where our customers choose to spend their time. Our priorities are:
- TOTAL RETAIL
Our Joules branded retail proposition spans stores & concessions, e-commerce and online marketplaces. The in-store and e-commerce proposition are increasingly converging and the development of these channels as part of an integrated and consistent, customer focused, proposition is central to our growth strategy and reflected in our infrastructure investments.
- E-commerce - is a fast-growing and evolving channel. We expect to continue to increase the mix of e-commerce sales as a proportion of our total retail sales through ongoing enhancements to our e-commerce platform, the customer proposition and our customer relationship management capability.
- Stores & concessions - there is further potential for the brand to increase its physical retail space in the UK and ROI. This will be achieved through opening new stores in attractive locations, opening concessions with carefully selected partners, and selected relocations of existing stores to larger sites that better reflect our brand and product range. Concession openings can include the conversion of existing wholesale accounts where there is an opportunity to improve the brand presence and customer experience.
- Marketplaces – we will leverage our wholesale capabilities and relationships to support emerging new retail channels such as online marketplaces and ‘fulfilled by’ models that offer new routes to reach our target customer base in the UK and internationally.
We broaden the reach of the Joules brand through selected wholesale partners that are closely aligned with our brand values and product categories - including specialist independents, department stores and online retailers.
3. INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
The Joules brand and products resonate well in international markets. We develop international markets via a wholesale model supported by e-commerce, leveraging our investment in our central creative and design functions, supply chain and infrastructure. Our priority markets are the US and Germany, where our brand and products are resonating well with our growing customer following.
4. PRODUCT EXTENSION
The Joules product offer extends to meet many of the lifestyle needs of our customers. Joules has had success extending the product offer within existing categories and into new categories; we will continue to expand into new product categories that are appropriate for the development of the Joules brand both organically and by working with carefully selected license partners.