Joules, the premium British lifestyle brand has won the Mainstream Brand of the Year Award at the 2016 Drapers Awards.
The brand fought off strong competition from other well-known fashion retailers including Barbour, Hugo Boss and Ted Baker to take home the prestigious accolade.
Colin Porter, CEO of Joules said: “The Drapers Awards are a real stamp of approval from the fashion industry, so we’re thrilled to have won, especially in such a competitive category. The award is a testament to the commitment and hard work of all Joules employees, both those at head office and in our stores around the country.”
Keely Stocker, Editor at Drapers said: “Now in its 26th year, the Drapers Awards recognise the top performing and most innovative businesses in the fashion sector alongside the people that work in them, pushing boundaries and achieving greatness. It’s a time to remember and celebrate what makes this industry great.”
The Drapers Awards recognize the impressive achievements of the very best in the fashion industry. The winners were announced in the company of the industry’s finest retailers and brands at a glittering awards ceremony at Old Billingsgate on 17th November 2016.
020 7796 4133
Born in the British countryside and crafted with true British style and eccentricity, Joules designs upbeat, colourful clothing for all who love the outdoors and live life to the full.
- Joules is an international brand, available in the USA, Germany and France as well as travel destination stores like St Pancras and Stanstead
- Joules beginnings saw Tom Joule spot a gap in the market; having noticed his customers’ penchant for colour he bought 100 pairs of pink wellies – with nothing else like it on the market they sold out instantly and since then, Joules has sold more than 1.4 million pairs!
- Colin Porter took the reins as CEO in September 2015, with Tom focusing on creative control
- Joules’ talented in-house design team lovingly crafts all of the prints you’ll see within its collections
- The brand is a true multi-channel retailer, having traded across five channels over the past ten years
- Bursting with eccentricity, Joules is proud of its British heritage and still has strong roots in Market Harborough, the site of its first shop and headquarters
- Joules has recently won the Drapers Best Mainstream Brand Award 2016